Find an available power outlet near your wireless router. Plug the supplied power adapter into your
Note: If your router does not have WPS, skip to the section Configure Using a Web Browser.
- Press the WPS button on your existing wireless router or AP.
Note: Usually the WPS LED will start to blink. If necessary, check your router’s user manual for more information.
- Within one minute, press and hold the WPS button on the side of the for about one second. The WPS LED will blink. When the Security LED becomes a solid green, it means wireless security is enabled. Allow up to two minutes for the WPS process to complete.
Note: For optimal performance using , place your DAP-1665 in between your router and your dead zone, making sure it’s placed in a location where the signal is still strong.
Connect Your Wireless Devices
From your wireless device go to the Wireless Utility to display the available wireless networks and select the Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID) that is located on your configuration card (ex: dlink-a8fa). Then, enter the Wi-Fi password which is also located on your configuration card. (ex: akbdj19368).
- Your device is now connected to the DAP-1665 and can connect to your wireless router.
- Find an available power outlet near your wireless router. Plug the supplied power adapter into your DAP-1665 and connect it to the outlet or to a surge protector. Press the Power switch on the back of the device. Verify that the Power LED is lit.
- From the computer connected to your wireless router, open a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome). Enter http://dlinkap.local./. Windows XP users can enter http://dlinkap. Use the Setup Wizard to configure your AP manually.
NOTE: The default IP address is 192.168.0.50. Once the DAP-1665 (in Repeater or Client mode) connects to your router, it will get assigned a new IP address based on your router/network’s DHCP settings. You will need to log in to your router and view the DHCP table to see what IP address was assigned to the DAP-1665. The MAC address is printed on the label on the bottom of the device.