Installing in Mode
Plug the supplied power adapter into yourand connect it to the outlet or surge protector. Press thePower button on the back of the device. Verify that the Power LED is lit.
- Attach one end of the included Ethernet cable to the LAN port on the back of the D-Link , and the other end into the Ethernet port on your wireless router.
- From the computer connected to your wireless router, open a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome) and enter http://dlinkap.local./. Windows XP users can enter http://dlinkap. Use the Setup Wizard to configure your AP.
- At the login screen, select Admin from the User Name drop-down menu and leave the password blank. Click Log In to continue.
- Click Launch Wireless Setup Wizard and you will be guided through the steps required to get your access point up and running.
- You will see the welcome screen for the Wi-Fi Connection Setup Wizard. Click Next to continue.
- Select from the Wireless Mode drop-down menu. Click Next to continue.
- Enter a 2.4Ghz and 5GHz Wi-Fi Network Name and Wi-Fi Password. Click Next to continue.
- When setup is complete, make a note of your settings and click Save. The DAP-1665 will reboot.
Your setup is complete.