You may log into the web-based configuration utility on the D-Link DAP-1520 to perform the following tasks:
• Run the Setup Wizard
• Upgrade firmware
• Change wireless and network settings
1. Plug the DAP-1520 into an available outlet near your router. You may move it to a more suitable location after configuration.
2. Open the wireless utility on your wireless device or computer. Select the Wi-Fi Network Name (from the Wi-Fi Configuration Card) and enter the Password.
3. Open a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome) and enter http://dlinkap.local./.You may also enter the IP address* of the DAP-1520. Windows XP users can enter http://dlinkap.
4. Once you connect, the login page will appear. Enter your password and click Log In. By default the password is blank.
Note: If this is the first time logging in to the DAP-1520, you will be directed to the Setup Wizard automatically.
* The default IP address is 192.168.0.50. Once the DAP-1520 connects to your router, it will get assigned a new IP address based on your router/network’s DHCP settings. You will need to log in to your router and view the DHCP table to see what IP address was assigned to the DAP-1520. The MAC address is printed on the label on the DAP-1520.
5. The home page will display your current status. A green check mark represents a successful connection to your wireless router or Access Point (AP).
If the check mark is red, you may connect to your wireless router or AP by clicking on the Uplink Router icon.
Tags: DAP-1520, Extender, Web Browser