The objective of this document is to provide a guide describing how to configure the devices to achieve the same environment as show at the network topology. Users of this document are expected to already possess basic knowledge of D-Link devices andprogram, and are familiar with how to perform basic configurations. Only important configurations, such as those pertaining to interfacing and integrating, will be described in this document.
2. Product used
VPN_Client 4.61.003 and DFL-800 are used in the FAQ. The same applies to all other DFL products with Netdefend OS._
3. Network Diagram
Note: Router is set to allowpass through.
In this document, we will only describe the main configurations for this Scenario. The configurations setting for all the D-Link products will not be described here and for more detail about the product you can download their user guide.
4.1 TheGreenBowclient and DFL-800
In this scenario the user can connect back to the headquarter database by using TheGreenBow VPN client tunneling to DFL-800.
All configurations are based on DFL-800 and TheGreenBow
VPN Client (F/W: 4.61.003)
The steps in this configuration are:
• Setup DFL-800 for VPN tunneling
• Setup Pre-shared Key
• Phase 1 and Phase 2 algorithms setup
• Setting up -Tunnel
• Setup IP Rules
• Setup TheGreenBow VPN client
• Setup Phase 1
• Setup Phase 2
4.1.1) Setup DFL-800 for VPN tunneling
188.8.131.52) Setup Pre-Shared Key
1) Login to the DFL-800 and click “Authenticate Objects” and add a new “Pre-shared Key” and fill in the passphrase and name
184.108.40.206) Phase 1 and Phase 2 algorithms setup
1) At the “IKE Algorithms”, select the Encryption and Integrity algorithms for your phase 1 authenticate.
2) Next is the “IPSec Algorithms”, select the Encryption and Integrity algorithms for the phase 2.
220.127.116.11) Setting up IPSec-Tunnel
1) After we finish setting up the algorithms, next we will need to create the “IPSec-Tunnel” as show below.
2) Next, click on the “Authentication” tab and select the “PreShared Key” you have setup at the steps 1.
3) After selecting the Pre-Shared Key, next is to enable the “Dynamically add route” at the routing tab.
4) Last step is to make sure the DH Group at the IKE setting is the same setting for the TheGreenBow Client.
18.104.22.168) Setup IP Rules
Now is to setup the IP Rules so there the DFL-800 knows where to direct all the traffic to.
1) First add a new interface group name “IPSec-LAN” by grouping up “IPSec-Tunnel” and “LAN”
2) Next, click “IP Rules” and add a new IP rule as show below.
4.1.2) Setup TheGreenBow VPN Client
22.214.171.124) Setup Phase 1
1) Right click on the “Root” to add a new “Phase1”, next fill in the IP address for this VPN client and Remote gateway IP follow by Preshared Key and IKE setting.
Note: the Preshared Key and IKE must be the same setting set in the DFL-800
126.96.36.199) Setup Phase 2
1) Right click on the “Phase1” to add a new “Phase2”, next fill in the VPN Client address for this VPN client and Remote gateway IP follow by ESP setting.
Note: the ESP Encryption and Authentication setting must be the same in the DFL-800 IPSec-Tunnel.
5.1) Test Result
a. The VPN tunnel will be open at any negotiate mode set in Phase 1 and Phase 2.
b. The DFL will show the tunnel is up at their VPN status.
c. Client is able to Ping to the remote network.