Some applications use a series of ports that change each time the application is used. Specialwill open all ports for an application when a port is triggered.
Step 1: Open a web browser and type the IP address of the gaming router in the address bar (default is 192.168.0.1). Press Enter.
Step 2: The default password is blank (nothing). Click Log In.
Step 3 Click Advanced at the top and then click Specialon the left side.
Step 4 Pre-defined applications will be listed in the Application Level Gateway (ALG) Configuration section. To disable any of the pre-defined applications, uncheck them.
To add a Special Application rule select the Enable checkbox in the Add Special Applications Rule section and configure the following:
- Name – Enter a name to identify the rule or select a rule using the drop-down list to the right.
- Trigger Port Range – Enter the port or a range of ports that will trigger the rule.
- Protocol – Select the protocol (TCP, UDP, or Both).
- Input Port Range – Enter the LAN port or range of ports.
- Input Protocol – Select the protocol for the LAN interface (TCP, UDP, or Both).
Step 5 Click Save to apply the new settings.