After you perform the physical hardware installation, you need to connect the D-Link Unified Switch to the network. The defaultof the switch is 10.90.90.90/8, and DHCP is disabled by default. If you want to enable DHCP on the switch or assign a different static , you must connect to the switch and change the .
You can connect to the switch through Telnet or a Web browser from a host on the 10.0.0.0/8 network, or you can connect to the switch through the console port (DCE). After you connect to the switch, you can provide network information or enable the DHCP client. To connect to the switch from a host on the 10.0.0.0 network, enter the default IP address of the switch (10.90.90.90) into the address field of a Web browser or a Telnet client.
To connect to the console port and provide network information, use the following steps:
1. Using a null-modem cable, connect a VT100/ANSI terminal or a workstation to the console (serial) port.
If you attached a PC, Apple, or UNIX workstation, start a terminal-emulation program,such as HyperTerminal or TeraTerm.
2. Configure the terminal-emulation program to use the following settings:
– Baud rate: 115,000 bps
– Data bits: 8
– Parity: none
– Stop bit: 1
– Flow control: none
3. Press the return key, and the User: prompt appears.
Enter admin as the user name. There is no default password. Press ENTER at the password prompt if you did not change the default password. After a successful login, the screen shows the (switch-prompt)> prompt.
4. At the (switch-prompt)> prompt, enter enable to enter the Privileged EXEC command mode. There is no default password to enter Privileged EXEC mode. Press ENTER at the password prompt if you did not change the default password.
5. Configure the network information.
– To use a DHCP server to obtain the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway information, enter network protocol dhcp.
– To use a BootP server to obtain the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway information, enter network protocol bootp.
– To manually configure the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway, enter network parms , for example:
network parms 192.168.2.23 255.255.255.0 192.168.2.1 The default gateway is an optional parameter, so you do not need to enter an address to execute the command.
To view the network information, enter show network.
6. To save these changes so they are retained during a D-Link switch reset, enter the following command:
Once the D-Link Unified Switch is connected to the network, you can use the IP address for remote access to the DWS-3026 switch by using a Web browser or through Telnet or SSH.