You may log into the web-based configuration utility on the D-Link DAP-1520 to perform the following tasks:
• Run the Setup Wizard
• Upgrade firmware
• Change wireless and network settings
1. Plug the DAP-1520 into an available outlet near your router. You may move it to a more suitable location after configuration.
2. Open the wireless utility on your wireless device or computer. Select the Wi-Fi Network Name (from the Wi-Fi Configuration Card) and enter the Password.
3. Open a web browser (e.g., Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, or Chrome) and enter http://dlinkap.local./.You may also enter the IP address* of the DAP-1520. Windows XP users can enter http://dlinkap.
4. Once you connect, the login page will appear. Enter your password and click Log In. By default the password is blank.
Note: If this is the first time logging in to the DAP-1520, you will be directed to the Setup Wizard automatically.
* The default IP address is 192.168.0.50. Once the DAP-1520 connects to your router, it will get assigned a new IP address based on your router/network’s DHCP settings. You will need to log in to your router and view the DHCP table to see what IP address was assigned to the DAP-1520. The MAC address is printed on the label on the DAP-1520.
5. The home page will display your current status. A green check mark represents a successful connection to your wireless router or Access Point (AP).
If the check mark is red, you may connect to your wireless router or AP by clicking on the Uplink Router icon.
Tags: DAP-1520, Extender, Web Browser
Step 1: Open a web browser and enter http://dlinkap.local in the address bar.
Step 2: Enter your Admin Password in the field provided. If you have not changed the password from the default setting, the password field is to be left blank. Click Log In.
Step 3: Move the cursor to Management at the top right-hand corner of the screen, then click System from the drop-down menu.
Step 4: To save the current configuration settings of your wireless router to a file, click the Save Configuration to File button. Depending on your browser, the file may be automatically saved to your ‘Downloads’ folder, or a ‘Save File’ or similar dialog box will appear, asking your where you wish to save the file.
To load a previously saved configuration file, click Select File. Once you have located the configuration file (config_rpt.bin) on your hard drive, click OK. The name of the file will be displayed next to the Select File button. Click Restore Configuration from File. A confirmation dialogue will appear, click OK to commence the loading of the configuration.
Note: If you have upgraded or downgraded the firmware on your Wi-Fi Extender, do not load configuration files that were saved using a previous firmware version. The load will not be successful, and can damage the unit.
Tags: DAP-1520, Extender, Wi-Fi