1.D-Link DE-805TP cannot share Internet
If you are sharing the Internet with this device, it will not work unless:
(1) You connect this hub to a router.
(2) You have multiple IP addresses from your ISP.
Hubs and switches cannot split the Internet connection. You will need to purchase a router or contact your ISP to obtain multiple IP addresses, which may increase your monthly Internet cost.
2.DE-805TP Port #1 does not work
The uplink port is shared with port #1. They cannot be in use at the same time. If you are using both the uplink port and port #1, usually the entire hub will not pass data.
3. DE-805TP how to uplink to another hub / switch
You can always connect an ethernet hub/switch to another hub/switch. Some hubs/switches have uplink ports, and others do not. The configuration for all scenarios is listed below:
NORMAL PORT TO NORMAL PORT —- CROSSOVER CABLE
UPLINK PORT TO UPLINK PORT —- CROSSOVER CABLE
UPLINK PORT TO NORMAL PORT —- NORMAL/PATCH CABLE
NORMAL PORT TO UPLINK PORT —– NORMAL/PATCH CABLE
Remember, if you have a link light than the cable is right.
4.DE-805TP not getting a link light
If you are not getting a link light, try the following:
– Make sure that the cable is good. Check connection on the other end of the cable. A link light indicates a good connection with whatever is connected to the device.
– Try a different port on the switch. If you can connect, then the switch may be defective.
– Try a shorter cable.
– Possible Auto Sense failure. To address this issue you can avoid using NWay by manually setting the speed of the Ethernet adapter. You should first try setting the speed of the NIC to 10Mbps/Half Duplex, also listed as 10Mbps. If you are able to get a connection after doing this, than you can go back and increase the speed to get the maximum performance in this environment.
In Windows the speed of the Ethernet adapter can be set through the properties of the card. Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel > select Network and Dial-up Connections. If using Windows 9X – Me select the properties of your Ethernet Adapter > Select the Advanced Tab > the speed setting will be displayed as Link Speed, Connection Type, etc.
If using Windows 2000 – XP, Right click your Ethernet Adapter and select properties > click Configure > select the Advanced tab > the speed setting will be displayed as Link Speed, Connection Type, etc.
5.Forgot Password / Cannot Reset
All D-Link Managed Hubs and Switches do not have an external hardware reset. If the current Administrative password is not known, the unit must be sent to D-Link to be restored to factory default. If the return period specified by the point of purchase has not expired, then you must return the product to the point of purchase for an exchange or refund. Otherwise, you must contact Technical Support.
Toll free Technical Support is available at 877-45D-LINK (877-453-5465). Technical Support is available from 6am – 6pm Pacific Standard Time, Monday through Friday. Please give Technical Support the number in the subject line of this e-mail for reference purposes.
Tags: DE-805TP, factory default