Installing Power Cord Clip
To prevent accidental removal of the AC power cord, it is recommended to install the power cord clip together with the power cord.
1. With the rough side facing down, insert the Tie Wrap into the hole below the power socket.
2. Plug the AC power cord into the power socket of the Switch.
3. Slide the retainer through the Tie Wrap until the end of the cord.
4. Circle the tie of the retainer around the power cord and into the locker of the retainer.
5. Fasten the tie of the retainer until the power cord is secured.
Mount on a Rack
The D-Linkcan easily be mounted on a rack. Two mounting ears are provided for this purpose. Make sure that the front panel is exposed in order to view the LEDs.
1. Attach the ears to each side of the
2. Firmly attach the ears to the rack. Please follow the usual safety precautions for rack-mountable products.
Connecting the Switch
Plug the supplied power cord into the Switch and the other end into a power outlet, power strip, or surge protector (recommended). Verify the Power indicator is lit on the Switch.
Connect one end of an Ethernet cable in the device you want to connect to the Switch and the other end into one of the Ethernet ports on the Switch. Check the Link lights (LEDs) on both the Switch and the device to verify that the cable is good and that there is a valid connection.
Note: A Category 5 (or higher) Ethernet cable must be used for 100Mbps or higher operation.
D-Link Green Technology
D-Link Green Technology implements special power-saving features that detect link status and adjust power usage accordingly. Green Technology saves energy in a specific way:
1. If there is no link on a port (when there is no connection or the device connected is turned off) the port(s) will enter a “sleep mode” which will drastically reduce the amount of power used.