Step 1: Open a browser and log into your DSN-Series http://192.168.1.1)(the default is
Step 2: Click on Network Settings on the left hand side of the screen
Step 3: Select the Management Port
Step 4: Change theto your desired value and click Apply to save the changes
Check your on D-Link
After you install your new D-Link wireless adapter and have established a wireless connection, by default, the TCP/IP settings should be set to obtain anfrom a DHCP server (i.e., router) automatically. To verify your IP address, please follow the steps below.
Windows® 8 Users
• Press the Windows key and R together. Type cmd in the box and click OK.
• At the prompt, type ipconfig and press Enter.
• This will display the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway of your adapter.
Statically Assign an IP Address on D-Link
If you are not using a DHCP capable gateway/router, or you need to assign a static IP address, please follow the steps below:
Windows® 8 Users
• Press the Windows key and then type IP. Click Settings on the right side and then click View Network Connections.
• Right-click on the adapter which represents your D-Link wireless network adapter.
• Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) and click Properties.
• Click Use the following IP address and enter an IP address that is on the same subnet as your network or LAN IP address on your router or network.
Example: If the router’s LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1, make your IP address 192.168.0.X where X is a number between 2 and 99. Make sure that the number you choose is not in use on the network.
• Set Default Gateway the same as the LAN IP address of your router or gateway.
• Set Primary DNS the same as the LAN IP address of your router or gateway.
• The Secondary DNS is optional (you may enter a DNS server from your ISP).
• Click OK to save your settings.
To change or obtain an D-Link follow the steps below:automatically for the
Step 1: Open your web browser and type the IP address is 192.168.0.50. At the login, enter your username (admin) and password (default password is blank).of the access point in the address bar. The default
Step 2: Click on the Home tab and then click LAN.
Step 3: Select Dynamic (DHCP) from the drop-down list if you want the access point to receive an IP address automatically from a DHCP server or router, otherwise change the IP address manually (static).
We strongly suggest using a static IP address. The IP address is not used for networking, only for configuration. Make sure the IP address is within the same IP range as your network.
Step 4: Click the Apply button and click Continue to restart the access point.
Note: The following FAQ demonstrates the usage of the Command Prompt in Windows XP.
Step 1: Click Start and select Run.
Step 2: In the Run command box, type cmd and click OK.
Step 3: In the command prompt, type ipconfig/.
Step 4: After thees are d, type ipconfig/renew.
Step 5: Your adapter will send a request for a DHCP (automatically) obtained, netmask, gateway, and DNS if auto-DNS is enabled.
If you are having problems obtaining an IP address using DHCP, you may want to try to static (manual) the IP address. Click here for assistance.
Note: Verify that you have a DHCP server on your , such as a router. Most routers have a setting to disable or enable DHCP.