Check your IP address on D-Link DGL-5500L
After you install your new D-Link wireless adapter and have established a wireless connection, by default, the TCP/IP settings should be set to obtain an IP address from a DHCP server (i.e., router) automatically. To verify your IP address, please follow the steps below.
Windows® 8 Users
• Press the Windows key and R together. Type cmd in the box and click OK.
• At the prompt, type ipconfig and press Enter.
• This will display the IP address, subnet mask, and default gateway of your adapter.
Statically Assign an IP Address on D-Link DGL-5500L
If you are not using a DHCP capable gateway/router, or you need to assign a static IP address, please follow the steps below:
Windows® 8 Users
• Press the Windows key and then type IP. Click Settings on the right side and then click View Network Connections.
• Right-click on the adapter which represents your D-Link wireless network adapter.
• Highlight Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP /IPv4) and click Properties.
• Click Use the following IP address and enter an IP address that is on the same subnet as your network or LAN IP address on your router or network.
Example: If the router’s LAN IP address is 192.168.0.1, make your IP address 192.168.0.X where X is a number between 2 and 99. Make sure that the number you choose is not in use on the network.
• Set Default Gateway the same as the LAN IP address of your router or gateway.
• Set Primary DNS the same as the LAN IP address of your router or gateway.
• The Secondary DNS is optional (you may enter a DNS server from your ISP).
• Click OK to save your settings.
Tags: DGL-5500L, IP address, Windows 8