To remove a device from my mydlink that is longer connected or offline, you need to first log into your mydlink account at www.mydlink.com
Select the offline device on the left side. It should be marked with a red X.
Once you have selected the device, in the lower right hand corner you should see “Delete Device…” link.
Click on “Delete Device…” and you will be prompted for your mydlink password. This is your mydlink account password not your device’s password. Enter your mydlink account password, click yes.
Once you have entered your password and clicked yes your device will be deleted from your mydlink account. You will see the following window click done.
Your device should now be removed and detached from your mydlink acount. Refresh your screen to ensure it is removed from your device list on the left side of your screen.
Tags: mydlink, offline
Step 1: Open your web browser and enter http://www.mydlink.com/
Step 2: Enter your mydlink ID (email) and password at the login screen and click Sign in.
Step 3: Select the camera and click on the Settings tab.
Step 4: Ensure that the Sound Detection checkbox is checked and click the icon.
Step 5: The graph shows the current volume in the device’s environment. Click and drag the blue tab to move the level bar and define a volume detection threshold for sound detection. Click Next to continue.
Step 6: Select the schedule then click Next.
Step 7: Click Finish to confirm motion detection settings.
Step 8: Click Save to save the current configuration.
Step 9: Click Yes to confirm saving changes.
Tags: Baby Camera, DCS-800L, mydlink
Note: Before removing your D-Link camera from your account, please make sure that the camera is connected to your router or has Internet access. The Cameras LED should be lit green.
You can remove your camera from your mydlink account through one the following two methods:
- Hard reset of your camera.
- Locate the reset pinhole located on the back of the mydlink camera
- Press and hold the RESET button for 6-10 seconds while your camera is powered on. The camera will reboot and will then be at factory defaults.
Use the mydlink website to remove your D-Link camera
- Sign in to your mydlink account.
- From the My Devices Tab, Select the camera you want to delete and click Delete Device
- Enter your mydlink password to confirm deletion of the device.
Note: After removing a camera from your account, please wait for the camera to reboot. This will take up to 2 minutes. The camera LED will turn red, then it will change to green again. This indicates that the camera has been successfully removed from your account, and you can now disconnect the power adapter from your device.
Tags: camera, mydlink
How to configure Internet Explorer to allow ActiveX Controls for my D-Link mydlink camera?
Step 1: Open Internet Explore browser.
Step 2: From the Menu Bar, select Tools and then-Internet Options.
Step 3: Click on the Security tab, select Internet, then click on the Custom Level button.
Step 4: Please check the settings of ActiveX controls and plug-ins.
Note: Disable settings will block your ActiveX Installation,
Note: If you have antivirus or firewall programs running, make sure they are not blocking ActiveX controls from being downloaded or running. Make sure that you have administrative rights before installing the ActiveX controls.
Tags: ActiveX, Internet Explorer, mydlink
1. Click “Download Plug-in” to install mydlink services plug-in for your Firefox. Click Save File button to save the file on your computer.
2. Open Finder, go to Downloads and double click the mydlink services plug-in (Uplayer) to open the application. Click the Open button to install. Click the OK button once completed.
3. After installing mydlink services plug-in successfully. Please close the browser and Reopen the browser.
4. Go to www.mydlink.com. Trust mydlink website to use mydlink services plug-in (Uplayer). Then you may enjoy mydlink cloud service.
Applicable to Safari 6 and later version on Mac OS X 10.7 and higher versión.
Tags: mydlink, plug-in, Safari