Theapp allows you to conveniently stream media and share files stored on a USB drive connected to your router. Connect from a local network to access your photos, videos, music, and documents. You can upload files and photos from your mobile device to your router’s USB drive via the app wirelessly!
1. Make sure theis powered on. Then plug your USB drive into the USB port on the back of your router.
Note: If you connect a USB drive that contains numerous large files, it may take a while for the router to scan and catalog all of your files.
2. Use your/RT mobile device to search for the free app from the Windows Store.
3. On your mobile device, go to your Wi-Fi settings and connect to your router’s wireless network using the default Wi-Fi settings. By default,
your Network Name and Password are:
• Wi-Fi Network Name (SSID): dlink-XXXX*
• Password: (leave this blank)
*Note: For the 2.4GHz band, the SSID is dlink-XXXX, with XXXX representing the last four digits of your router’s MAC address. For the 5GHz band, the SSID is dlink-XXXX-5GHz.
4. Once connected, tap the SharePort Mobile icon, and the app will download.
5. At the main menu, if you see any greyed out icons, swipe the right edge of the screen to bring up Settings. Then tap SharePort Settings and enter your admin Password. Tap on the back icon (<) to exit settings and log in.
6. You will see the SharePort Mobile main menu.