When entering the IP address of the D-Link router(192.168.0.1 for example), you are not connecting to a website on the Internet or have to be connected to the Internet. The device has the utility built-in to a ROM chip in the device itself. Your computer must be on the same IP subnet to connect to the utility.
1.Make sure you have an updated Java-enabled web browser. We recommend the following:
• Internet Explorer 6.0 or higher
• Netscape 8 or higher
• Mozilla 1.7.12 (5.0) or higher
• Opera 8.5 or higher
• Safari 1.2 or higher (with Java 1.3.1 or higher)
• Camino 0.8.4 or higher
• Firefox 1.5 or higher
2.Verify physical connectivity by checking for solid link lights on the device. If you do not get a solid link light, try using a different cable or connect to a different port on the device if possible. If the computer is turned off, the link light may not be on.
3.Disable any internet security software running on the computer. Software firewalls such as Zone Alarm, Black Ice, Sygate, Norton Personal Firewall, and Windows® XP firewall may block access to the configuration pages. Check the help files included with your firewall software for more information on disabling or configuring it.
4.Configure your Internet settings:
• Go to Start > Settings > Control Panel. Double-click the Internet Options Icon. From the Security tab, click the button to restore the settings to their defaults.
• Click the Connection tab and set the dial-up option to Never Dial a Connection. Click the LAN Settings button. Make sure nothing is checked. Click OK.
• Go to the Advanced tab and click the button to restore these settings to their defaults. Click OK three times.
• Close your web browser (if open) and open it.
5.Access the web management. Open your web browser and enter the IP address of your D-Link router in the address bar. This should open the login page for your the web management.
6.If you still cannot access the configuration, unplug the power to the D-Link router for 10 seconds and plug back in. Wait about 30 seconds and try accessing the configuration. If you have multiple computers, try connecting using a different computer.